BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

troubling.


An entire day split between the sofa and the bedroom.
No, not like that. More like, my neck may break at any minute, my throat is screaming in agonizing pain, and I think smurfs are trying to claw their way out of my skull. Not regular smurfs, mind you. Evil smurfs. With pickaxes.


To combat my troubles, I decided to tackle the reading for tomorrow night's class. This assignment was all of 40 pages. It took me 12 hours to finish it, between all the napping, procrastinating, nursing a throbbing headache, and other health concerns.


Since the reading was going to poorly, I thought some Bioshock might help me. In reality, it only made me motion sick. So much for that idea.


Before Bioshock, I had full intentions of making my afternoon class. But with the added symptoms, plus crippling exhaustion, I gave up on that dream at about 3:00 and crawled into bed in pajama bottoms and an old t-shirt.


The next thing I knew, it was 5:30, and my man-ogre called, wanting to know what was for dinner. Oh, man-ogre. Don't you know that the mere thought of food makes me want to curl into a ball and die? He then suggested Chipotle, and I then suggested he find a mate with a stronger stomach.


As I hung up the phone, I realized that my clothes were plastered to my body with sweat, and that my hair was drenched. Despite this, I didn't feel warm at all. I understand that the purpose of sweat is to cool off the human body so that you don't overheat. I get it. But I had just woken up and was still sweating profusely. Fantastic.


This might have been one of the most excruciating days of my entire life. It was so bad, I'm actually looking forward to working tomorrow and hopefully doing something productive there. What I am not looking forward to is having my paper torn to shreds by Demon Lady. Oh, and I have to deal with the Brawny Man tomorrow. Goody.

0 comments: