BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, March 26, 2011

We've been talking for over three months and official for over a month and a half. Though that is not a very long time, we have spent hours upon hours together, and I have been to your parents' home on too many occasions to count.

Last night, I was distraught, tired and ill. You wanted me to stay; I protested, saying that it disrespected your family, that it would be weird. You said, it's only weird if you make it weird. Then your mother explained in no uncertain terms that I needed to leave.

I wonder, sometimes. Is my forehead branded with "Don't Trust Me?" The scarlett letter? What is my problem? I have a longstanding history with my exes' dads. One called me Jezabel for three years; another refused to acknowledge my existence and would simply not speak to or look at me; yet another told me to expect "no charity" from his family because I had "stolen" his son's virginity.

Until now, I have never had a problem with a mother. I understand that I crossed a line--I should not have asked to stay in her home this early in my relationship with her son. Nonetheless, I don't understand why it was such a problem to ask to spend one night there. I brought you your favorite cookies. I always take time to talk to you when I certainly have no obligation to do so. I know that he has brought other women there of less consequence and they have been allowed to spend the night without question. I don't feel like I'm just a random girl; I am becoming a lasting part of his life. I have gone out of my way to show kindness and respect, and you threw me out of your house with no reason whatsoever. Calling me Jezabel is far less insulting.

0 comments: