BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Do-over.

When my fiance and I split in 2007, my best friend told me that the relationship didn't really count. I was too young to be engaged, and our relationship was of the intense love/hate variety. So, she granted me a do-over.

This last one. I don't even know what to say about it. After just over three long years, it is finally, totally over. It was an obvious rebound that got much too serious much too quickly. Then, out of fear of hurting one another--and possibly fear that other options would be worse--we both stayed in an unhappy relationship for far too long.

I move in about a week. I feel nothing negative. No regret. No sadness. No shame about what I'm doing. For the first time in three years, I'm happy and looking forward to the next adventure.

0 comments: